Retweets. You've heard of them but are you getting them?
Using Twitter to boost awareness about your business and have conversations about your brand is only one of the ways that you can harness the immense power of Twitter. One of the other ways - retweets.
Retweets are when someone else "tweets" your message or, in other words, reposts your message to all of their followers. Why do you want retweets?
A few benefits of retweets include:
- Increased visibility in other people's networks
- Message spread further than just your own network of followers
- Increased brand awareness
- Increase visits to blog, website or increast in foot traffic to business
- Boost in your amount of Twitter followers
- Increased credibility - viewed as a source of value with more retweets
Regardless of which benefit of retweets you'd like to get, here are some tips that can help you get more retweet love.
- Add a bio and photo to your Twitter.
- Know your audience.
- Use short links (create retweet friendly URLs with tinyurl.com)
- Leave room for a retweet - room for your twitter handle plus a few extra characters.
- Know your audience.
- Determine the times of day when you get the most retweets and post more during those times.
- Make your tweets valuable.
- Tweet interesting content.
- Give it emotion - show me that you're human.
- Be relevant.
- Retweet others - people will reciprocate.
- Ask a question.
- Be positive.
- Ask your friends on Twitter to retweet your content.
- Install a Twitter button on your blog.
- Repeat your best tweets but re-word it.
- Thank someone when they re-tweet your tweets.
- Tweet quotes - great quotes tend to get retweeted a lot.
- Tweet about trending topics.
- Add pictures using Twitpic.
These are just a few ways that you can boost the amounts of retweets you get for your Twitter account. For more information on retweets check out Dan Zarrella's e-book "Science of Retweets." This e-book does an excellent job of discussing the importance of retweets as well as providing graphical data to back up Zarrella's retweet advice.
Author: Leslie Whittaker
If you're ready to really grow your web presence and be a dominant business in your market, contact TeamBishop. Dawn Bishop and Leslie Whittaker have helped hundreds of local Orlando businesses establish a dominate web presence and generate high quality leads for their business.
Read TeamBishop's testimonials to see how we've helped some local Orlando businesses grow their business.