- Smart phone sales recently surpassed PC sales and the gap is growing.
- Tablet sales are expected to double from 64 million in 2011 to 104 million in 2012.
- 91 percent of all mobile phone users have their phones within arm's reach 24/7.
- Keep information succinct.
- Make directions and phone numbers easy to find and utilize click to call icons for easy dialing.
- Minimize file sizes to maximize load times.
- Design with the fingertip as the mouse in mind.
- Use extensible hypertext markup language (X-HTML) when programming your website to ensure that any web browser will be able to render your site optimally.
- Make your mobile website searchable and findable.
- Create simple layouts.
- Encode your standard site to automatically recognize and transfer mobile users to your mobile site.
- Provide information in a manner that is quick, clear and concise.
Like it or not, mobile marketing is here to stay. And if you're not enabling potential customers to easily find your business and interact with your business via mobile, then you are missing out on HUGE opportunities.
Like this article? Then be sure to check these out.
- Web Traffic Via Mobile Increasing
- Mobile Marketing Landscape: How Your Customers Are Engaging on Their Devices
- Why Negative Reviews are Actually Opportunities
- What is the Zero Moment of Truth (ZMOT)
About TeamBishop: TeamBishop (Dawn Bishop & Leslie Whittaker) are Internet Marketing Consultants with ReachLocal Orlando. Our mission is to help you grow your business by increasing your leads and revenues and decrease unproductive advertising expenses through proven online marketing strategies. Give us a call at 321.422.6600 x122 to schedule your free consultation.
partial content from: Go Mobile by Jeanne Hopkins | 7 Marketing Trends to Watch in 2012 by Silverpop