If you haven't heard, the latest rage when it comes to social media networking is Google+. And if you're already on-board with your personal profile, fantastic. Now let's cover some of the great benefits of creating a Google Plus Business Profile.
Keeping up-to-date on the latest opportunities and trends, especially with social media, is imperative to your business' success. Sure, Google+ may not have the following right now of Facebook but it's better to hop on the bandwagon while it's only slightly full than be left chasing after it once it's rolling and overflowing with passengers all shouting out their messages to consumers as they roll on by them. Not to mention the synergistic effect of SEO and social media. Surely, Google+ will reap some great SEO benefits and visibility with it's creator being Google.
So, while you may be thinking:
- I'm already on Facebook, my social media is covered.
- I'm already tweeting regularly, I'm completely connected with my market.
- I have enough web presence, I'm good.
- My customers don't look for me online.
- I don't believe in social media mumbo-jumbo. It's all hooey.
I'm going to have to say - hands down - you're wrong. When it comes to social media and dominating with web presence, you'll probably never be 100% covered but we can sure close the gap between 10% and 100%. Google Plus for business is way great way to make a leaping stride.
Let's cut to the good stuff.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS TO CREATING A GOOGLE+ BUSINESS PROFILE:
- Because your customers and potential customers are already on there. You may not believe in it, but they sure do and that's where they are spending their time. Stop shouting your marketing at them with interruption marketing. Talk to them. Engage with them - when and where they want you to engage with them. (Believe me, this works so...much better - think about how you like to be treated by the businesses you do business with as a consumer).
- Less users = less competition. Remember that bandwagon we discussed earlier, don't be the one chasing after it once it is jam-packed of other people all trying to shout out their message. Start building the relationships now - when you can easily be heard.
- Google+ allows for more direct and personal relationships. While Facebook and Twitter start to get cluttered with miscellaneous info, Google Plus info is dominated by quality content that is professional and informational. Consumers like that. And appreciate.
- Unique functionality of hangouts (live video chats). Not only can you talk with your customers via text but now you can hold video talk sessions with them. What better way to see what they love about you and think you could improve upon. Big corporations spend thousands per year on marketing research. Now you can do it and all it will cost you is $20 for a webcam and some time.
- Future integration with other Google products. Who knows what else they are planning but I'm sure they'll find a great way to tie this in.
- Potential big impact on search engine page results. Can you really tell me you don't want more shelf space on search engine page results? Do you really not want better visibility - for FREE? How many times have you said "Google it." Now multiply that by everyone else in the world, or at least the vast majority, and tell me you don't want another way to be found on Google. Enough said.
Made it this far - stop reading and go create your Google Plus Business Profile. Click here to get started. Seriously, stop reading and go do. You'll be happy you did. And then come back and let me know your thoughts about your profile page. What you like, what you don't and the results you have seen.
And if you're still reading and would like more insight on how you can capture more of the market share in your local community as well as retain the customers you already have then you need to contact TeamBishop today. We aren't called Internet Marketing Consultants for nothing.
Author: Leslie Whittaker
Reference article: Why Companies Should Invest in Google Plus Pages on Mashable.
Photo courtesy of Google.