When you think of SEO, do you think of content marketing?
You should states Matt Cutts who has repeatedly said that quality content is key to Google rankings. High-quality, search-friendly content allows businesses to popular their sites with keywords and valuable information for visitors (and both are important to search success).
Search engines are focusing on creating the best possible user experience which heavily relies upon serving up the most relevant results to searchers. And businesses who produce the most original and high quality content stand to benefit the most from these new search engine results. In our current search climate, the benefits of producing high quality, original content go far beyond just search engine rankings (although you certainly do want those great rankings too).
Check out the Why Content for SEO infographic below to learn about all the great benefits of creating original content to boost your organic search engine presence!
Why Content for Search Engine Optimization?
- Social is SEO and content is social. Did you know that Bing uses Facebook Likes as a ranking signal for logged in users. Tweets help Google index content faster.
- 27 Millions pieces of online content are shared daily.
- More than 1 in 5 social media messages include links to content.
- 60% of content-sharing messages specific to an industry mention a brand or product by name.
- 50% of consumers are more likely to click on a search result if the brand appears multiple times on the results page.
- 52% of consumers say blogs have impacted purchase decisions.
- 57% of marketers have acquired new customers via their blogs.
- 42% of consumers look to articles and blogs for info about potential purchases.
- 61% of business decision makers say branded content helps them make better product decisions.
"Try to make a site that is so fantastic you become an authority in your niche."
Matt Cutts, head of Google's web spam team on whether Google gives more weight to brands in rankings.
Infographic and content for this article from Brafton News.
Like this article? Here are some others you may like:
- What is the Zero Moment of Truth?
- ReachCast: Web Presence & Social Media Overview
- Harness the Power of Word of Mouth Online
About TeamBishop: TeamBishop (Dawn Bishop & Leslie Whittaker) are Internet Marketing Consultants with ReachLocal Orlando. Our mission is to help you grow your business by increasing your leads and revenues and decrease unproductive advertising expenses through proven online marketing strategies. Give us a call at 321.422.6600 to schedule your free consultation.
Read our client testimonials to learn more!
Author: Leslie Whittaker